– Fly from Jakarta to Mataram. According to Skyscanner, the cheapest ticket was from Lion Air, check its website for the schedule. The first flight is at 07.00 AM and you’ll arrive in Mataram at 9.55 AM.
– Book a car + driver to go around Mataram. Places to visit: Sukarare, Selong Blanak Beach, Tanjung Aan Beach, Kuta Beach, Mawun Beach, Pura Segara, Malimbu, etc. For more information, you can search it on the web and travel guide book.
– Book a hotel in Senggigi and stay there for 1 night –> it’s on west coast and you can get great sunset shots in this area.
– Wake up early and arrive at Bangsal at 8 AM, take the public ferry. You’ll be able to arrive at Gili Trawangan at around 9 AM. Enough time for you to check in and register for snorkeling trip.
– 10.30 AM: join the public snorkeling trip.
– 03.30 PM: back at Gili Trawangan, prepare to enjoy the sunset.
– Stay for 1 night at Gili Trawangan
– enjoy the sunrise at Gili
– take the public ferry back to Bangsal. If you only bring 1 back pack, then you can make a quick stop at Gili Meno & Gili Air.
– if you want to go back to Jakarta, be sure to arrive at Mataram airport before 5 PM. The latest flight from Lion Air is at 6 PM.
Here’s what we spent on our trip (group of 4) – this is total expense per person:
– Airplane ticket (Jkt-Dps-Mataram-Dps-Jkt) + Airport taxes: IDR 1. 48 Mil
– Hotel (Tune Hotel, Holiday Inn, Tir Na Nog, Santosa): IDR 825K
– Local Transport (car rent, taxi, ferry): IDR 412K
– Meals: IDR 500K (we ate at resorts’ restaurant – it’s expensive)
– Snorkeling Trip + Life Jacket rent: IDR 85K
– taxi from Denpasar Airport to Legian/Kuta: IDR 48K
– taxi from Holiday Inn Senggigi – Bangsal: IDR 60K
– taxi from Santosa Senggigi – Mataram Airport: IDR 35K
– In Mataram: Car Rent + Driver + Fuel: IDR 500K/day ( Jenny Travel, 0370-626999)
– In Denpasar Car Rent + Driver + Fuel: IDR 50K/hour
Ok then, that’s all I can share now. Happy traveling!